There are several ways you can reduce your electricity bill from your air conditioner in Dubai:
- Set your air conditioner to the right temperature: Setting your air conditioner to the right temperature can help you save energy and reduce your electricity bill. In Dubai, the recommended temperature for air conditioning is 21-24°C.
- Use the energy-saving mode (ECO): Most air conditioners have an energy-saving mode that can help you conserce energy and reduce your DEWA bill. This mode reduces the power consumption of the air conditioner and adjusts the temperature to a more energy-efficient setting.
- Clean or replace your air conditioner's filter: A dirty or blocked air conditioner filter can reduce the efficiency of your AC and increase your electricity consumption. Cleaning the filter regularly on your AC units regularly to keep it running efficiently.
- Use a programmable thermostat: A programmable thermostat allows you to set different temperatures for different times of the day, which can help you save energy and reduce your electricity bill. For example, you can set the temperature to be higher when you are not at home and lower when you are. Smart thermostats make this even easier by allowing you to control your AC from your mobile device.
- Install shading devices: Shading devices, such as awnings or shading screens, can help reduce the amount of direct sunlight that enters your home, which can help keep your home cooler and reduce the need for air conditioning. This can help you save energy and reduce your electricity bill. Curtains would also do the same, black out curtains will reduce the heat from entering the room if it penetrates through the window.